THIS BLOG HAS NOW MOVED

This blog has now moved to http://philbearman.co.uk/blog/

Monday 27 April 2009

Healthy Body, Healthy Mind

I'm afraid I've got a bit lax with blogging over the last couple of weeks - things have just been very busy work-wise, which is of course no bad thing!

Tomorrow I'm off to the PLASA Focus trade show in Leeds to listen to a seminar about the new Media City project in Manchester, so may well blog about that tomorrow.

The show is also a chance for me to keep a tab on what the pro sound & lighting industry is up to (which of course includes a lot of video technology these days!)

I was reading a thread on the After Effects Mailing List about dealing with anxiety, and Trish Meyer made a great point about keeping fit and healthy. I couldn't agree more with this - I go to the gym first thing in the morning four times a week, and can say without any doubt that I work better and think clearer on those days. This combined with a good diet and adequate sleep are essential if you want to work at your full potential. I believe it's best to take excercise in the morning as it leaves you feeling great for the rest of the day, and lets be honest - the last thing you want to do after a long day at work is go and work out for an hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment