THIS BLOG HAS NOW MOVED

This blog has now moved to http://philbearman.co.uk/blog/

Wednesday 14 October 2009

Busy busy busy!

September and October have been incredibly busy for me which is great from a business point of view, but pretty stressful on a personal level! I've got 18 jobs queued up at the moment, and the work just keeps coming in!

Last Wednesday I had a 'no phone or email' day, which was a great help in getting through the backlog of work. It's amazing how much time you lose to admin and communication as a one-man business.

I also added a page to my club & bar website giving information on turnaround times. I've always prided myself on fast turnaround, but that's only possible when the work is coming in at t the same rate as it's being completed. Something which I mentioned on the page was the old design mantra which states "You can have any TWO of the following: Quality, Speed, Low Cost - but not all three" - this is so true!

I think the high volume of work is a combination of the usual seasonal peak as we head towards christmas along with a lot of clubs/bars upping their marketing spend as the recession eases off.

Anyway, better get back to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment