THIS BLOG HAS NOW MOVED

This blog has now moved to http://philbearman.co.uk/blog/

Friday 11 September 2009

"It gets earlier every year!"

You know you're getting older when you start saying "Christmas gets earlier every year..."!

I'm working on my first Christmas-related job of the year today. The funny thing is, my bar & club clients always get their christmas marketing going nice and early, but the majority of them don't seem to think about other events until a week before which is nowhere near enough time to promote an event!

I'm currently writing an article for my website giving some basic advice on marketing. It's very apparent to me that many clubs and bars don't have an understanding of some of the basic principles of marketing and advertising, which are essential in the current economic climate.

Whilst I wouldn't claim to be an expert, I've been working in the industry for 10 years, and promoted a successful club night for 6 years, as well as animating adverts and branding for clubs and bars for 5 years, so I think I'm well positioned to give advice from both an outsider and insider's perspective!

Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment